100 positive quotes about lips "If the eyes are the windows to the soul, then the lips are the messengers to the heart."
|Image: Positive quotes about lips illustration / Positive Thesaurus|
01. I wonder how you survived with those sugary lips; maybe there is no ant in your territory.
M. F. Moonzajer
02. Sweetness drops from your lips, my bride; honey and milk are under your tongue.
03. Soul meets soul on lovers' lips.
Percy Bysshe Shelley
04. Kiss me till our lips will be so numb
They will not know if they are mine or yours.
A. M. Klein
05. Between lips and lips there are cities
of great ash and moist summit,
drops of when and how, vague
comings and goings:
between lips and lips as along a shore
of sand and glass the wind passes.
06. And in the lamplight, soft and still,
I behold your lips with a fiery thrill.
John Lars Zwerenz
07. Lips, however rosy, must be fed.
08. You young things are too easily persuaded by the touch of lips.
09. There, the lips of silent passion,
Curved like an archer's bow to send the sweet arrows out.
Elizabeth Barrett Browning (edited)
10. O, how ripe in show
Thy lips, those kissing cherries, tempting grow.
11. Lips move; lips touch; lips signal. Lips are on the outside for show, and on the most secret inside of your mouth. Lips frame words that tie.
Jane Rogers (edited)
12. Oh, ma lady's lips am like de honey,
Ma lady's lips am like de rose;
An' I'm jes like de little bee a-buzzin'
'Round de flower wha' de nectah grows.
James Weldon Johnson
13. Her lips were like the soft ridges of dunes in the desert at sunset; like the crests of waves meeting in the frothy rush to shore; like the folded wings of courting birds.
Gregory David Roberts
14. She pouted her lips like a gun in my face.
15. And yet to wine, to opium even,
I prefer the elixir of your lips on which love flaunts itself.
16. My lips, two blushing pilgrims, ready stand
To smooth that rough touch with a tender kiss.
17. A quiet smile played around his lips,
As the eddies and dimples of the tide
Play round the bows of ships.
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
18. Sweet is the discourse that cometh from pretty lips.
19. Lips moulded in love are tremulously full of the glowing softness they borrow from the heart, and electrically obedient to its impulses.
20. She had two lips like strawberries, and the seeds gave her kisses texture. I preferred kissing her over two scoops of vanilla ice cream.
21. The lips of those we love are sweet to us in life, and sacred in death.
Maria L. Charlesworth
22. Lips are the gatekeepers of your acoustic hole, namely your mouth.
23. Her lips, whose kisses pout to leave their nest.
24. Music lives within thy lips
Like a nightingale in roses.
Philip James Bailey
25. Lips, like hanging fruit, whose hue
Is ruby 'neath a bloom of blue.
Thomas Gordon Hake
26. Like the petals of the Rose
When the dews their scent disclose,
Soft as velvet tho' they be,
Fragrant of the Dawn and thee,
Yet thy lips are sweeter far
Than all garden Roses are.
Charles William Cayzer
27. Divers philosophers hold that the lips is parcel of the mouth.
28. Her lips are roses, overwashed with dew.
29. Her lips are like the cherries ripe
That sunny walls from Boreas screen.
They tempt the taste and charm the sight.
30. When the lips are opened, we behold the image of the soul.
Sir Thomas Higgons
31. Sweet Helen, make me immortal with a kiss.
Her lips suck forth my soul, see where it flies.
Come Helen, come, give me my soul again.
Here will I dwell, for heaven be in these lips,
And all is dross that is not Helena!
32. A woman's lips are a key to her character.
ad for Gala lipstick
33. Pure lips, sweet seals in my soft lips imprinted,
What bargains may I make still to be sealing?
34. Her lips blush deeper sweets.
35. A man's lips are never sealed so tight that a kiss can't melt them.
George Henry Miles
36. Kiss someone like kissing is the only way you have to communicate. There is no conversation. There is no sex. There are only two sets of lips that are ravenous to be recognized and treasured.
37. Lips like rosebuds peeping out of snow.
Philip James Bailey
38. May I taste
The nectar of her lip? I do not give it
The praise it merits: Antiquity is too poor
To help me with a simile t' express her:
Let me drink often from this living spring,
To nourish new invention.
39. Her lips were like honey, too sweet to be borne.
40. Lips with such sweetness in their honeyed deeps
As fills the rose in which a fairy sleeps.
Edward Bulwer Lytton
41. If the eyes are, indeed, the windows to the soul, then it can be said that the lips are the messengers of the heart.
42. You feel on your lips a kiss
Fluttering, a tiny scrap of life ...
43. Her lips are like two budded roses,
Whom ranks of lilies neighbor nigh,
Within which bounds she balm encloses,
Apt to entice a deity.
44. Vermilion lips, well shaped, a smiling mouth, beautiful white teeth, an elastic step and plump cheeks, charm at eighteen.
45. Lips are the most sensual organ we are allowed to expose.
46. Her lips like cherries charming men to bite.
47. There is life in the lips of true lovers.
48. Her lips were like the soft beauty of a delicately designed silken scarf.
49. Lips, like roses dropping myrrh.
50. God daubs stars into galaxies with fiery paint -- the same lacquer he uses upon your lips.
|Image: Red lips quote by Tyra Banks / Positive Thesaurus|
51. Lips are like taverns of wine.
Beaumont & Fletcher
52. Who would not rush those lips to meet?
Bless'd envy'd streams, still greater bliss
Attends your warm and liquid kiss.
Earl of Chesterfield
53. Her lips were like pink petals on a rainy day.
Ted Bernal Guevara
54. Shall this nectar
Run useless, then, to waste? or ... these lips,
That open like the morn, breathing perfumes,
On such as dare approach them, be untouch'd?
They must--nay, 'tis in vain to make resistance--
Be often kissed and tasted.
55. Her eager sense delighted, fondly sips
Th' ambrosiac honey of her lover's lips,
Who while his love-tale telling, roses speaks.
john Cadwalader M'Call
56. Saith the lover of his mistress: The rose is disgraced by the redness of her cheeks, and the juice of the grape desireth to resemble the moisture of her lips.
57. Heart on her lips and soul within her eyes,
Soft as her clime, and sunny as her skies.
58. Her lips were like nourishment to him, her moans like an intoxicating wine.
59. I am the tender voice calling away,
Whispering between the beatings of the heart,
And inaccessible in dewy eyes
I dwell, and all unkissed on lovely lips.
George William Russell
60. O Love, O fire! once he drew
With one long kiss my whole soul through
My lips, as sunlight drinketh dew.
61. Her lips, though they were kept close with modest silence, yet, with a pretty kind of natural swelling ... seemed to invite the guests that looked on them.
Sir Philip Sidney
62. And all my kisses on thy balmy lips as sweet,
As are the breezes breath'd amidst the groves
Of ripening spices on the height of day:
As vigorous too.
63. For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.
64. For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.
65. How did it happen that their lips came together? How does it happen that birds sing, that snow melts, that the rose unfolds, that the dawn whitens behind the stark shapes of trees on the quivering summit of the hill? A kiss, and all was said.
66. Red lips and fragrance always top off an outfit for me.
67. That beautiful noise that comes from between your lips. The warmth that it gives to my heart and soul. I love you. Its all I hear. Its all I feel. Happiness from your soothing voice.
68. Where the eyes opens there begins the mornings, where they closes there begins night,where the Smiles lands on the lips,there begins the Happiness and where the Happiness accumulates there begins the Life and Where the Life teaches to know and love its contents there Begins the Living...
69. Your beautiful lips over mine can heal my broken heart.
70. Look at yourself—Are your eyes Twinkling? Is your heart Dancing? Are your lips Smiling? If yes, then you are truly enjoying Life.
71. Your beautiful lips fit perfectly over mine.
72. Nails with flames, lips on fire, there much from one desire. Heart beats, eyes roll, let the night glow, and the air flow, and it all began with just one touch.
73. Whistling is an illustration of the magic we feel when our heart, breath and lips are in tune with each other.
74. Two eyes, two ears, two lips, two hands and two legs want us to be one 'two'
75. Look from your Mind , Smile from your Heart , Love from your Lips , Feel from your Soul , Then our life will be alive in "Billions of Hearts "
76. I will touch you with my mind. You are the one I am lit for. I kiss your lips and soul.
77. You are my candle giving me light, In the midnight hour You shine so bright, You caress my arm My heart filled with bliss, Your tender lips With your soft sweet kiss...
78. I want to get lost in your eyes, get wrapped in your arms, get carried away with your lips, and swept away in your kiss..
79. The touch of your smooth lips are like silk over mine, that makes my heart pounds with the embrace, let us live forever my love.
80. A kiss in the lips will turn the eye lid shades off!
81. Don't save bold lashes and red lips for nighttime - do it in the day!
82. A sense of humor... is needed armor. Joy in one's heart and some laughter on one's lips is a sign that the person down deep has a pretty good grasp of life.
83. To conceal anything from those to whom I am attached, is not in my nature. I can never close my lips where I have opened my heart.
84. To play the trumpet, you must train your lips for a long time.
85. Where lipstick is concerned, the important thing is not color, but to accept God's final word on where your lips end.
86. The time comes upon every public man when it is best for him to keep his lips closed.
87. The lips of the wise are as the doors of a cabinet; no sooner are they opened, but treasures are poured out before thee.
88. How sweet the words of Truth, breathed from the lips of Love.
89. I was once kissed on the lips by a giraffe, and I don't think I've ever got over it. Joanna Lumley
90. 'Morsel' is a perfect word. Forming those six letters on the lips and tongue prompts an instantaneous physiological reaction. The mouth waters. The lips purse.
91. People who keep stiff upper lips find that it's damn hard to smile.
92. You can really get poked in the back and not feel it very much, but just a feather around your lips and you really do feel it.
93. You know how you're supposed to choose between playing up your eyes or your lips? I always choose lips. I love the drama.
94. My lips are big, but my talent is bigger.
95. It's quite nice to have a bit more color on the lips during wintertime. And it's festive, isn't it?
96. Oh how sweet it is to hear one's own convictions from another's lips.
97. I have this prominent feature on my face - I don't know if you've noticed - but, well, they're my lips. They tend to walk into a room before I do because they're larger than average! So Chapstick's a big one for me.
98. I never had a career before I had the lips, so my lips have had their own career!
99. My smile has been my ticket to the world. Smiling releases the same feel-good hormones you get jogging. Caring for your lips and gums is important.
100. Lips; thick or thin; love them you will.
ps. See also the words that can be used to describe lips here.